Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Honda Motor Company, Japan – the World’s No.1 two-wheeler company. Commencing its Indian 2Wheeler operations in May 2001, Honda in the last two decades has grown to become India’s 2nd largest two-wheeler company with over 55 million happy customers.
- Honda caters to millions of customers across both urban and rural India through its extensive sales and service network of over 6000
- Providing additional support are Honda’s 280+ Best Deal outlets (in over 200 cities) which offer one-stop solution for buying, selling & exchanging pre-owned Honda 2Wheelers.
BigWing(exclusive premium motorcycle business vertical)
Reaching closer to its premium biking fans, the differentiated Silver Wings expanded from its first Gurgaon showroom inaugurated in ending of FY’20 to now over 100 BigWing touchpoints across both BigWing Topline (for entire premium motorcycle range from 300cc to 1800cc) and BigWing (exclusively for mid-size motorcycle segment) retail formats throughout the country.
- Honda started production in 2001 from its 1st plant in Manesar, Haryana.
- In 2011, Honda expanded to 2nd plant in Tapukara in District Alwar (Rajasthan).
- Reaching closer to its customers, Honda inaugurated its 3rd plant in Narsapura in the southern state of Karnataka and its 4th plant in Vithalapur (Gujarat)
Corporate Social Responsibility:
- Honda India Foundation has devoted all efforts in supporting the fight against COVID-19 pandemic.
- Honda swiftly diverted resources to protect the community at large like sanitization equipment to COVID Warriors, ambulances for medical emergencies and food packets for the underprivileged during the pandemic
- Honda has inaugurated Skill Enhancement Centers across 20 states, taking the total count to
- Honda India Foundation in association with Government of Haryana inaugurated its first Institute of Driving Training and Research (IDTR) in Karnal.
- Road Safety is one of the cornerstones in Honda’s vision for Indian 2Wheeler landscape. In the last 20 years, Honda has provided safety education & training to more than 48 lac individuals under its three pillars.
- While, Honda’s 10 Traffic Training Parks (TTP) conduct educational programs for kids & adults, 7 Safety Driving Education Centers (SDEC) give training to learner license applicants & traffic rule violators.
- Settling in the new Normal, Honda launched its digital road safety initiative ‘Honda Road Safety E-Gurukul’ in May’20. Since then, Honda has digitally sensitized over 8 lac Indians.
Honda Motorsports: Conquering the Speed
- Identifying young talent to train them into next-generation riders, we are now in our next phase of chalking a clear growth path for our riders from an early age. Introducing ‘IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Hunt’ in 2018, Honda presented a platform for developing iconic Indian racers for National & international Championships.
- Taking Indian motorsport to global standards, Honda is now the FIRST two-wheeler manufacturer in India to introduce its legacy moto3 machine NSF250R in Indian domestic racing.
- Besides, we are building the next generation of young riders for competing at global podiums like Thailand Talent Cup and Asia Talent Cup as the first steppingstone.
- In 2020, Honda globally marked yet another milestone as the 1st motorcycle manufacturer to achieve 800 Grand Prix victories.
- 2021 Dakar Rally saw Honda’s factory team Monster Energy Honda Team triumph with the first 1-2 victory since 1987 fueled by riders Kevin Benavides and Ricky Brabec finish 1st and 2nd.
In its journey of 20 years, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) has won more than 200 prestigious awards. In 2022, Honda continued for its new products, committed efforts towards environment conservation and manufacturing excellence.
Manufacturing Excellence: Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) received the Best two-wheeler OEM by FADA, GreenCo Platinum Plus rated automobile company in India to Narsapura Plant (Karnataka), HMSI’s Manesar Plant Bagged Award by HAREDA for State Level Energy Conservation Competition.
Product Excellence: Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) product lineup also continued to add glorious feathers to its hat. Honda CB350RS – Two-wheeler of the year (upto 400cc) by TopGear Awards 2022. Consistently replicating stellar success, Honda CB500X - Adventure Bike upto 600cc, Honda CB650R - Reader’s Choice – Bike of the Year, Honda CB500X and CB200X – Premium Bike of the Year & Entry Level Bike of Year respectively at this year’s Bike India Awards (2022). During the last year, H’ness CB350 was awarded as Two-wheeler of the year, H’ness CB350 Bike of the year (upto 350cc) and Hornet 2.0 Bike of the Year (upto 200cc) by Bike India Awards (2021). Honda H’ness CB350 also bagged the Zee News Motorcycle of the Year while CB500X won the Mid weight bike of the year – Jagran Hi-Tech Awards.
Gravity Die-Casting & Low Pressure Die Casting
Gravity die-casting & low pressure die casting Sections are for manufacturing critical engine parts.
Weld Shop has spot welding, seam welding and MIG welding machines to weld various sheet metal parts to form the basic frame and other scooter panels.
Paint Shop Robot
Paint Shop has a conveyor system, which is unique amongst all Honda Factories in the world. The conveyor car carrying the parts is rotated and dipped so as to enable good paint adhesion, high gloss and superior paint finish. Robots are used in painting for improved paint finish.
Engine Assembly is done in an enclosed air pressurized area to protect the engine from dirt and dust. Each of the engines is then inspected for various parameters.
Frame Assembly is done at the slat conveyor. After the Frame Assembly line is the roller tester to check the final scooter quality before handing over to dispatch.
To ensure product quality, each vehicle is being inspected for Function, Noise, Electrical, Fit & Finish as per Honda Quality Standards.